[SATLUG] OpenOffice and videos

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:22:46 CDT 2009

> Well, I downloaded and installed OO3.1, but no luck either. See if this runs
> inside of OO3.1 on your installation:
>
> http://www.demeler.uthscsa.edu/MWL/20scans-movie.mpg
>
> The other thing is that OO3.1 runs *significantly* slower on my computer than 2.4 does.
> Did you notice the same problem? It is really sluggish redrawing any screens, menus,
> screen updates. Any ideas?
>
> -b.

I wish I could say that I had a problem and the video is to blame, but I can't. The video ran fine in a presentation in ooo 3.1.
3.1 runs nice and fast for me on an HP dv9000 laptop with nvidia geforce mobile graphics. I'd start looking at the video driver or, more likely, missing libraries and video codecs. Something must be causing you these troubles and it must be repairable, because I know that OOO3.1 can work very nicely... I have been using 3.x for several months now.
Good luck,

John C.