[SATLUG] OT: FM Blocker for HDTV OTA?

redpill toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jul 14 23:44:13 CDT 2009

I am not a ham op, but I think that FM Jammers (which is essentially
what you are asking for) are very much illegal and/or heavily regulated.
That said I dont think that it would help your sister at all because
(and I could be wrong) jammers do deny communications over a given
frequency by filling that frequency with a whole lot of noise at very
high power levels, thereby shouting out everyone else trying to use that
frequency.  As far a blocking fm frequencies the only way to that that I
know of, that is without jamming, is to place said antenna in an area
where it cannot get reception.  that said you cannot just block the FM
band to do so would require that you disable the transmitter.  Once the
waves are in the air its too late to block someone from receiving them
without jamming the signals freq.  Again I am not an expert but the ones
on the list haven't spoken up.  If I am wrong or misguided then I am
sure some will correct me.

g'day
Todd