[SATLUG] OT: FM Blocker for HDTV OTA?

Sugar ftm at satx.rr.com
Wed Jul 15 08:40:27 CDT 2009

>From a technical standpoint, I believe it will take improvements in the
set-top boxes so that the signals will be isolated enough.
I live near Sea World, and can receive OTA channels quite well, in fact can
get better HD quality than I get over Time Warner on Channel 12.  Channel 5
is still working on their transmitters and the HD quality is not yet up to
snuff, but they promise completion is a few months. All
I am using is Set top rabbit ears purchased from Wal-Mart.  When I first
installed the converter box, I was really surprised at how many local
channels are actually broadcasting, because Time Warner does not seem to be
carrying them all.  I do periodically re-scan so as to double check signal
improvements.