[SATLUG] OT: FM Blocker for HDTV OTA?

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Jul 15 08:56:22 CDT 2009

-----------------------------------
Not enough information concerning the TV Channels effected and the
adverse effects (audio and/or video) and the requency and power of
the FM transmitter.  If the FM is operating out of it's assigned frequency
causing interference this is illegal and subjbect to FCC penalties.

Probably a case of close proximity to the FM transmitting antenna,
and the strong FM signal over-riding the desired OTA TV signal.
Use of a highly directional TV antenna along with an in-line filter
between the antenna and TV receiver could work depending actual
RF signal parameters at her specific location.

Lou