[SATLUG] Printer problems

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 23:15:22 CDT 2009

John D Choate wrote:
> On Saturday 18 July 2009 20:12:35 Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> MKR wrote:
>>> Can you do a test print on the printer from the printer console?
>> Excellent idea.  Yes, it prints fine.
>>
>>> If it works
>>> then the printer is usually ok. I will test it with another computer.
>> Thanks.  I'll try that.  If that works, it sounds like the usb port on the
>> computer has been affected, but the usb mouse and keybord on that computer seems
>>   fine.

> You may want to try:
> /etc/init.d/cups restart

Yes I did that.  I also upgraded cups on my other computer.

There may be another factor.  I changed from parallel to usb using a special
cable that does the conversion.  I think there is some active logic in there and
that may have been affected by the electrical issues.

I'll need to find a computer with a parallel port to try that out.  I'll try my
laptop.

   -- Bruce