[SATLUG] Low profile S/PDIF / Toslink / Coaxial bracket.

Jonathan Hull masterr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 08:15:18 CDT 2009

I haven't posted here in quite a while so first of all I want to say
Hello to everyone again!

And now I have a question: A while back I built a HTPC with HDMI
running Ubuntu. Everything works great except that audio over HDMI has
a second or two of silence at the beginning of playback for all files
and in all media players. I suspect it is related to the time it takes
for the HDCP handshake, but am not certain. After much fiddling I have
given up (I may revisit the problem later) and have decided to fall
back to S/PDIF audio for now.

The problem I have now is that the PC case I used for the system is
low profile (short), and for the life of me I can not file a
low-profile bracket/mount for the S/PDIF connector. I have several
that are the full height but not a single low profile bracket and I
can not find a low-profile version being sold anywhere online. I am
starting to think no one makes it in low-profile. Does anyone here
happen to know where I can buy one?

The only requirements are this:

1) Low profile
2) Has Toslink optical and Coaxial digital S/PDIF connectors.

The pin-out is not too important since I can easily change it, but it
will be plugged into the 4 (or 7/8) pin header on ASUS brand

Here is an example of a full size version:

I simply need one like that that is shorter for the low-profile cases.

If anyone knows where I can acquire one please let me know, I would
much appreciate it. I fear that if I can't find one I may have to rig
it up in some way with a different low-profile bracket or cutting down
a full size bracket.

Thanks, everyone!