[SATLUG] Microsoft Contributes Linux Drivers to Linux

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Mon Jul 20 11:55:25 CDT 2009

Todd W. Bucy wrote:
> Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:
>>
>> I thought this one might raise an eyebrow to two.
>>

>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2009/Jul09/07-20LinuxQA.mspx
>>

>> best regards,
>> esv.
>>

>> --------------------------------------
>> https://www.paylikeus.com
>>

> They probably did it becuase they needed help with drivers for their
> own Linux servers in Redmond.  Or am I being too cynical?

Ok after a little thought maybe I am being a little cynical.  After all
it was a huge surprise when I saw that Silverlight now works under
FireFox.  Granted only on the winblows platform.  And one must give
credit where credit is due win7 is a pretty good OS, granted I only say
this after upgrading from Vista.  My question though is this, is M$ new
contributions a example of a leopard changing its spots or are we
witnessing M$ adopt/adapt to the superior (IMO) economic model of F/OSS?
Personally I think its adaptation and thats why we see M$ exploring
other revenue streams.  Anyone Bing lately?

Todd