[SATLUG]OT: Win 2000 problem

Nathan nathan at gvtc.com
Tue Jul 21 07:42:45 CDT 2009

As most of you know, I have 2 computers, my Laptop which I bring to the meetings and computer shows with Linux, and my Tower with Win 2000 that I use because of two programs I can not get in Linux.

Prior to leaving on my trip on the first of July the Tower was working fine. Since I got back it will not boot.

Disk I/O error: Status = 00001000
Windows 2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
Windows 2000 root>\systen32\ntoskrnl.exe

Does anyone know if this file is easy to get at on the Win 2000 CD, or would I be better off getting a copy from a working Win 2000?

Thanks,

Nathan