[SATLUG] Linux expertise

Rod G rodcis87 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:31:50 CDT 2009

Can you tell me if the cost of the RHCE really is close to $800?

On Jul 22, 2009 1:29 PM, "John Pappas" <j at jvpappas.net> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:54, Kevin Buckner <sirjaggy29 at gmail.com> wrote: >
I heard quite a bit a...
Having taken the ~7 hour RHCE test, I can safely say that it is an accurate
reflection of depth/breadth of knowledge.  The RHCT (Technician) part (first
2.5 hours or so) is all about OS operations (booting, troubleshooting, run
levels, users, package/software management, disk management, basic
configuration) and the RHCE portion (last 3.5 hours or so) is all about
advanced OS (SELinux, auditing/quota, etc) and service configuration (HTTP,
SMTP, POP/IMAP, FTP, SAMBA, NIS+,

What so hard to tell is just what level a person's know how really is in >
linux > and I wanted to ...
If I were to take it again, I would spend the most time working on the
Service Config Knowledge, particularly the biggies: HTTP, SMTP/POP/IMAP,
normal security stuff (SELinux, host.allow/.deny, etc) and the like.

> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> >
wrote: > > > Brad Knowle...