[SATLUG] Getting more Linux/Unix expertise

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 23 13:08:33 CDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 06:57:02 -0500, Geoff <geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu>
wrote:
>Are my posts to SATLUG getting through?
>
>on 7-18-2009 I wrote:
>I don't have experience in the field, but am told that the best way to
>learn the most about Linux, is to build your own, from scratch.
>
>The Linux From Scratch project (LFS) would probably be your best
>learning bet.

I received that message, but I think your suggestion got lost in the
extended discussion of the value of certifications. Message [1]threading
shows nobody replied to it. Once the cert. discussion wound down, folks
were ready to listen to less controversial suggestions.

If anyone wants to check what was sent or replied, the mailing list
archive is the second item on the left at www.satlug.org.  --Don

[1] http://www.satlug.org/pipermail/satlug/2009-July/thread.html

--
www.satlug.org - The official reference for SATLUG matters.