[SATLUG] Rackspace Screening Questions

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Fri Jul 24 00:25:43 CDT 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 08:48:09 pm Travis Runty wrote:
> As a racker I'd say to prepare technically as much as possible, focus on
> Redhat specific terms and utilities.  Also, be sure to express your
> character and show that you are FANATICAL about learning and giving 110
> percent to exceed the customers expectations.

Personally.. I never expect anyone to give more than 100%.
People who say they do are either liars.. jocks or salesmen.. ;)

For tech positions, I actually look for candidates who are both VERY smart..
and lazy.  Those are the types who automate, script.. and as a result do the
work of ten geeks.  :)

Geeks who are a little smart but not lazy.. those are what I
call "point-n-clickers"..

or Windows geeks.

But hey, we hire those too. :)

Tweeks