[SATLUG] Rackspace Screening Questions

Tweeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Fri Jul 24 00:31:35 CDT 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 08:18:53 pm Henry Pugsley wrote:
> One of my interview topics was describe the boot sequence from power
> on to OS load. Also had some questions about initrds, kernel compiles,
> how to enable/disable services, and configuring common hosting
> services (http, mysql, imap, pop).

Hey Henry!  Still alive?  Who interviewed YOU back in 2002/2003? :)

> Did the questions get easier or something? ;)

If a candidate shows promise in my interview (which I've been told are
tough).. and they seem interested in diving deeper into a question.. I'll go
off script and dive as deep as they're comfortable.  This usually ends in
either the candidate getting stumped, or me learning something new.
Either way it's more fun that way. :)

But then that's why I started at Rackspace.. to surround myself with people
smarter than me. :)

Tweeks