[SATLUG] Getting more Linux/Unix expertise

Kevin Buckner sirjaggy29 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:56:37 CDT 2009

I did not miss the answer about linux from scratch at all. I saw it before I
saw all
the other comments. However about certifications, I like Solaris a lot and I
did
for a pet project make a laptop Solaris Express Developer Edition dual boot
with
Open Suse. I had nothing to go by since most of the documentation I saw was
for
windows and linux dual boot. I could use Solaris for 80% of my computing
needs
but had to use linux when I could not find any solaris x86 software I could
use for
a task. I think Solaris certification would be worthwhile to get and I am
willing to
do so. I was thinking of getting certified on linux or solaris but I going
to do
both now for sure. Solaris is secure and rock solid as an operating system.