[SATLUG] Linux as a Desktop and more expertise

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:45:10 CDT 2009

Kevin Buckner wrote:
> I am not anti windows just very pro-linux for a desktop...

I'm not anti-Winderz, either, but I am anti-M$ for their business model
and practices.  From what I've seen of 7, they just might have recovered
from the nastiness of Vista.  However, forced 'updates;' hijacking
competitors' applications; and their practices of acquiring and burying
software that might otherwise 'threaten' them were the initial reasons I
moved to using and supporting Linux desktops.  I've stayed there because
I like it -- I like what they've done; I also like where they've gone
and where they're going.  I want a share in that future.

Cheers;
Ed