[SATLUG] Linux as a Desktop and more expertise

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:10:34 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Kevin Buckner<sirjaggy29 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really want to get more involved in supporting Linux as a desktop OS. Now
> I think the bifggest hurdle to
> overcome is device drivers and wireless networking. Most people dont have
> any idea about how to correct
> device drivers and want to be able to do a few mouse clicks and be surfing
> the net. Anybody think of standard
> device drivers and wifi access on linux? Could you totally depend on linux
> as a desktop without dual booting
> with windows xp/vista?
>
> I hope I can get more exposure with desktop support of linux here in the
> users group. I welcome the challenge.
> --

Kevin, you can be sure that there are millions of home and
business users worldwide who depend solely upon Linux
as their only desktop operating system.  Personally, I have used
only Linux on my desktop since 1999, having changed over
from OS/2.  During this time I ran a small home sales office
and participated as a vendor in federal Universal Service
grants with Linux as my OS.

Good luck, Howard
--
Howard Haradon