[SATLUG] Rackspace Screening Questions

Sean I siffland at nerdshack.com
Fri Jul 24 17:52:33 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:55 AM, Brad Knowles<brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
> on 7/24/09 12:31 AM, Tweeks said:
>
>> If a candidate shows promise in my interview (which I've been told are
>> tough).. and they seem interested in diving deeper into a question.. I'll go
>> off script and dive as deep as they're comfortable.  This usually ends in
>> either the candidate getting stumped, or me learning something new. Either
>> way it's more fun that way. :)
>
> I wish someone would have dived deep in my interview.  They asked me rookie
> 1st year questions, and we both got bored quickly.  But they didn't seem
> interested in asking anything that wasn't on the script, and there wasn't
> anything on the script that was more than just surface level.
>
> And then I never heard back.

Yeah the recruiting lady told me she would call the following Monday
regardless of the outcome...never heard back.  But then again in the
middle of my interview one of the gentleman was writing something on
his notepad.  They asked me a question, i was in the middle of
answering it and he showed the notepad to the other gentleman and they
both started laughing like crazy, right in the middle of me
answering...that was when i realized i didn't want to work there not
if they considered the interview that much of a joke.  After that i
answered all questions as quick and concise as possible to get out of
there.

That was my first and only experience with them.  I really didn't even
want the job, i just wanted to get a raise were i was (which worked
when word got out i was shopping around).

Sean