[SATLUG] Linux as a Desktop and more expertise

James Tiner jtiner at satx.rr.com
Fri Jul 24 18:41:04 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 10:46 -0500, Kevin Buckner wrote:
> I never used Kubuntu but I would like to have ubuntu to put on my laptop
> instead of using
> Vista. I see the value of going totally linux and want to do so even if it
> means no wifi.
> That is the only thing I dont know for sure what I would do without is wifi.
> am not anti windows just very pro-linux for a desktop

Ubuntu and Kubuntu are the same thing with the exception of KDE instead
of Gnome (and the various desktop specific apps although they are all
available ie. firefox and konqueror)

I installed it on my Dell Latitude D520 and have no problem with
wireless. I also just installed it on my dad's laptop which is an HP
Pavilion DV6000 and it picked it up fine.

Most wireless chipsets don't have a problem anymore.

Go GNU/Linux!!