[SATLUG] Linux Credit Card - Be the first in your neighborhood

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:47:17 CDT 2009

Howard Haradon wrote:
> Don't this beat all !
>
>>From ComputerWorld:
> According to the Foundation's press release, here's how it works: "The
> Linux Foundation is partnering with CardPartner Inc. to offer the
> affinity Linux credit card through UMB Bank. The Linux Foundation will
> receive $50 for every activated card as well as a percentage of every
> purchase made with the credit card. All funds from the Visa card
> program will go directly towards providing community technical events
> and travel grants for open source community members in order to
> accelerate Linux innovation."
>
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/programs/linux-credit-card

Well I had a similar Linux card and it was taken over by NCNB (or similar) and
their new terms were unacceptable to me.  If you were 1 day late with a payment,
it was a $40 fee.  I pay my full balance every month and some banks have been
known to delay processing a payment after receiving it just to get the late fee.

I prefer USAA.  (Anybody can apply to the Savings Bank). If you have good credit
with them, there is no late fee at all up to 30 days.

All the rest of the stuff about protecting your purchases, etc are pretty
standard of virtually any Visa or Mastercard based product.

   -- Bruce