[SATLUG] system crash update

Arthur Hall art.hall at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 3 08:22:57 CDT 2009

--- On Wed, 6/3/09, Enrique Sanchez Vela <esanchezvela at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Enrique Sanchez Vela <esanchezvela at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [SATLUG] system crash update
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2009, 8:14 AM

--- On Wed, 6/3/09, Michael <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:> >
> Forgive my ignorance, but aren't memory sticks supposed to
> be added in
> pairs?
> Yes, Momma always told me to keep quiet if I didn't know
> what I was
> talking about
> but for some reason, I thought additional memory cards had
> to be added
> in pairs.
>
> Michael
> --

Michael,

  not sure, I used to run my pc with only one memory card for a while, I believe my kid's PC still runs with one.

Support the troops, bring them home.

http://therealnews.com/t/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=2924

Michael,
In my experience, some older boxes required matching RAM sticks while others would let you play "mix and match."  Running crucial.com will tell you what RAM you have installed, what your max could be, whether or not the sticks have to match, and a few other info items.
Art