[SATLUG] 2 things, TW and my mem

Geoff geofff at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed Jun 3 18:33:31 CDT 2009

Cheryl Holmes wrote:
> thanks for the link to the TW story...appreciate it!
>
> Michael,
>
> read my mobo manual and it doesn't state anything abt mem being in pairs or
> even having to be the same mb in each slot...in fact it says it doesn't have
> to be.
>
> I have 3 slots and added 1 stick of the exact same mem.  Turns out I have a
> bigger problem than that tho...it could be 1 of a million things going wrong
> and causing lots of problrms that are very very weird and fortunately rare.
> System is being replaced thanks to Herb and Alex!  It will be awesome to
> have a system that really works well again!  Thank you so much Alex and Herb
> for coming to my rescue!  Cheryl

let me guess... capacitors on the motherboard went 'poof'?

Those can be replaced, and the mobo put back in decent shape again.

I know, because I just did that a couple of months ago on this one.
Fixed it right up.

AMD 2200+, 1.8GHz cpu w/756meg of RAM.

To answer the RAM question, this mobo has *3* ram slots.  Can run on
one, two or three stick(s) of 128, 256, 512 or 1Gb of PC133 Ram.

Pretty sure it's an Abit motherboard.  I don't remember.

believed to be clean.