[SATLUG] Putting in an order for new, leather pocket protectors

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 5 15:26:29 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 11:27 -0500, Howard Haradon wrote:
[concerning leather pocket protectors]

> Why leather ??   Only the vinyl ones are authentic !
>
> HH
> --
> Howard Haradon
> San Antonio, TX  USA

Al Castanoli Sr. was wearing a leather pocket protector when he
graduated with an engineering degree from Alabama Polytechnic Institute
in 1913.  I still have it and it seems pretty authentic to me.  I was
wearing it at the same school (now called Auburn U.) when I changed my
major from architecture to computer science in 1980.  My father was
wearing it when he graduated in 1957.  This pocket protector is older
than the Air Force and got three generations through the same
engineering department.

Al Castanoli III