[SATLUG] Putting in an order for new, leather pocket protectors

Jennifer Van Gorkom jennifervg at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 13:28:51 CDT 2009

Hi Cheryl

Unfortunately Cheryl you are running into the single most aggravating issue I see on this list.  The absolute fanaticism that some of the members who use threaded news readers to read emails over how new emails are created.  By receiving your email in digest form each individual email loses its identifying information that the threaded readers use to organize the emails.  This means that when you create a new email like you do it shows up as its own thread and not in place with the rest of them.

At times when I am feeling most militant about this I have a tendency to pick dead threads to reply to and change all the visible information just to make the email appear in an odd place in their threaded reader.

If the group is this nuts about having everything in a thread, then they should do away with the ability to receive the emails in digest form and understand that they will lose some readers when they do so.

Jennifer