[SATLUG] USENET and Mailing List posting netiquette.

That clown again.... ovalvw57 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 16:35:58 CDT 2009

--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Travis Runty <trunty at linuxismybff.com> wrote:

> I know this has been asked of you in the past but I'll ask
> again.  For the sake and convenience of the readers that utilize the
> threaded view can you please not change the subject when replying to

<snip-itty do da>

Having a look here might help. It's about USENET and Mailing List posting netiquette.

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

Cheryl,
Here's the section that explains why proper threading is good and why thread hijacking isn't. It does make sense.

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#threading

Travis,
I also suggest that you read this section in the article about top posting and why that's not good either and how inline posting just makes sense.

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#toppost

I'm not even going to go into CC, BCC or forwarding.

Bill