[SATLUG] Did something stupid ...

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Sat Jun 6 16:56:46 CDT 2009

Ok, I just had to reload the OS (SuSE 11.1) after doing some hardware
troubleshooting, and was going through different settings to try & get
things back to the way they used to be before my hardware problems
showed up.

So I was looking in "Desktop Effects" (which appears to be their
description for Compiz) and turned it on when I shouldn't have (it even
warned me, but I said "Yes" anyway - DUMMY!).  Now, whenever I login
under my regular user account (even failsafe mode), all I get is a
completely white screen with nothing else visible.  How do disable this
and get my desktop back?

It doesn't affect Root (I checked), so I know it's a user-related
setting, but I don't know where to look or what to change.  I also know
I could just delete my user account and re-create it, but I figure
that's the coward's way out.

TIA.

Al Lesmerises