[SATLUG] USENET and Mailing List posting netiquett

Travis Runty trunty at linuxismybff.com
Sat Jun 6 19:53:04 CDT 2009

cheryl:

I am sorry if I came across as "condescending and totalitarian", it was not
my intention one bit.  It was a simple request that I felt was made in a
respectful non-aggressive manner...  After hearing the trouble you have with
the style of list you are using I believe it understandable to communicate
as you have been.  Again, I apologize for any implied ill intent it was just
one of my many efforts to keep my inbox tame and effectively read each
useful SATLUG transaction in a sensible manner.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Opps, someone changed the subject line again.
>
> Yes, that is exactly what they're saying.  If we subscribe to digest, we're
> not allowed to post.  In digest, we have to send a new email to post and
> the
> only way to control the subject is to copy and paste that line.
>
> Who wants to wade through all that previous posting on a topic when they
> are
> looking for the most current responses?  Other lists require trimming
> posts.  Top posting seems a lot easier to me, and quicker to see the most
> current comment.  Makes more sense to me...besides I'm not anal abt
> things...I can read and comprehend, so no need to go through all that
> wading.
>
> Intolerance and lack of understanding other's  is rude.  It's also
> condescending and totalitarian.    cheryl

Travis Runty
210.391.3949
www.linuxismybff.com