[SATLUG] Did something stupid ...

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 23:29:23 CDT 2009

--- On Sat, 6/6/09, Alan Lesmerises <alesmerises at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm using the Gnome default (for now).
>
> Al Lesmerises

Since you're using gnome, I dont remember which dir has your settings but you can just rename .gnome2, .gconfd, .gnome2_private, .gconf to something else and add _old.  When you log back in as that user you should be back to a regular gnome setup.  Then you can rename 1 dir back at a time until you're hosed again then you know what directory houses the compiz settings.  I've done this before and tanked it just like you.  I just dont remember which dir houses the preferences.

-Alex