[SATLUG] Linux Skype 64-bit

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Sun Jun 7 18:17:22 CDT 2009

Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:
> --- On Sun, 6/7/09, Mary Yatti <yatinhat at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> From: Mary Yatti <yatinhat at yahoo.com>
>>
>> I plan on installing Ubuntu and use Skype.  Any
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Mary
>>

> look at tigerdirect.com or newegg.com , there you might find good deals I don't have stock or get paid in anyway from any of them, feel no remorse shopping anywhere else. ;)
>
> best regards,
> enrique.

Mary I am following this thread cause I am interested in using skype
also. I have to assume that enrique is referring to your choice of a new
lappy and so flat agree that just buy it at the best price you can find
and I think choosing a 'personal' puter is really finding one that you
like the look and feel of, ... what the hell they all being assembled
with connected units inside a case all made in Tiawan/sold in HongKong,
lol go try em out and then research the ones you like best w google to
see what others are saying.

Now in considering your choice it really depends on how deep you wish to
dive into the deep lake of our tech-world and taking each part of your
choices into further research to see if the newer invocations are
included, .. if they are important to your usage. Me? I have not yet
owned a Lappy and I doubt I would be happy with the KB being other than
the old IBM 'Clicky ... sort of mute when your world is mainly confined
to the back room of a very nice Class'A' motorhome, (Congor II 28', 1972).

Anyway, just my blah blah but I would welcome further discussion of
using skype and especially Ubuntu 8.04 or 9.04? Also enterring a
personal thing is I hate phones and avoid using them except.....
LOL hh = 'Hippy Herb, can also mean hung-up herb.
hh AKA herb