[SATLUG] Linux Skype 64-bit

ed horned0wl93 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 00:52:51 CDT 2009

Herb Cee wrote:
> Enrique Sanchez Vela wrote:
>> --- On Sun, 6/7/09, Mary Yatti <yatinhat at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> From: Mary Yatti <yatinhat at yahoo.com>
>>>
>>> I plan on installing Ubuntu and use Skype.  Any
>>> Suggestions?
>>>
>>> Mary
>>>

>> look at tigerdirect.com or newegg.com , there you might find good
>> deals I don't have stock or get paid in anyway from any of them, feel
>> no remorse shopping anywhere else. ;)
I bought my current Acer Aspire 5515 laptop at Best Buy for $349+tax.
1.6Ghz AMD Athlon CPU, 2GB RAM, ATI x1200 video, and a built-in
web-cam.  Its my 2nd Acer, and 2nd laptop using Ubuntu, though this time
exclusively, rather than dual-boot.  (It came with M$ Vista Home Basic...)

> Anyway, just my blah blah but I would welcome further discussion of
> using skype and especially Ubuntu 8.04 or 9.04? Also enterring a
> personal thing is I hate phones and avoid using them except.....
Whaddya need to know about using Skype?  I've been on it for some time
now (Ubuntu 8.10), and have a  few minor issues with it, but not enough
to remove it.   Call "horned0wl."

Cheers;
Ed