[SATLUG] Monitor powersaving question

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jun 15 10:44:21 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have a question about X-server configuration of DPMS settings:

On my Slackware 12.0 box I have the "DPMS" statement in my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file for my NVidia card. That works great, except
I can't remember where to set the timeout. I know it can be done with
xset, but I would like to 1) modified the default timeout, and 2) have
it integrated into my configuration file so the timout settings are set
everytime I restart the X server.

Can someone tell me the syntax and which file needs to be modified?

Thanks, -Borries