[SATLUG] /tmp setting

David Salisbury david.salisbury at momentumweb.com
Mon Jun 15 14:15:27 CDT 2009

I'm not running Thunderbird on Linux right now, so I can't be sure, but
it sounds like somewhere in the Thunderbird for Linux options you might
be able to change the directory where temporary files are stored as
they're prepared for sending.  It sounds like you may have a permissions
issue writing into the /tmp directory, ie, you can't write a file into
it, so you could either (a) change the temporary directory in
Thunderbird to one where you CAN write, like /home/<your username>/tmp,
or (b) add yourself as a user or group that DOES have permissions to
write into /tmp.

David