[SATLUG] Routers

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:39:00 CDT 2009

I am interested in experiences that SATLuggers have had with home routers.  What
I have been using is an old PC with two Ethernet cards running iptables.  This
functions fine but is a bit noisy and uses too much space.

I've been looking on line and the most frequently mentioned seem to be Linksys,
Netgear, and D-Link.  The size and price seem to be reasonably competitive.
What I am interested in is reliability and ability to tweak the firewall settings.

Any comments will be appreciated.

   -- Bruce