[SATLUG] Routers

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 08:10:11 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Bruce Dubbs<bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in experiences that SATLuggers have had with home routers.
>  What I have been using is an old PC with two Ethernet cards running
> iptables.  This functions fine but is a bit noisy and uses too much space.
>

> I've been looking on line and the most frequently mentioned seem to be
> Linksys, Netgear, and D-Link.  The size and price seem to be reasonably
> competitive. What I am interested in is reliability and ability to tweak the
> firewall settings.
>

> Any comments will be appreciated.
>
>  -- Bruce

About 2-3 months ago I got an Asus WL-520GU, and it has
worked well so far.  It is set up with little or no tweaking (lazy guy)
and worked well out of the box.  According to the forums, it seems to
have good compatibility with DD-WRT software and has builtin a,b,g
WiFi.  Around 40 bucks at New egg.

Good luck, HH
--
Howard Haradon