[SATLUG] Routers

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Jun 17 08:29:45 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Bruce Dubbs<bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in experiences that SATLuggers have had with home routers.
> What I have been using is an old PC with two Ethernet cards running
> iptables. =A0This functions fine but is a bit noisy and uses too much space.

...and power.

I am hooked on an older Linksys wrt54GS - I found a v.2 on E-bay for
$45 that still has the 216 MHZ processor and 32 MB RAM/8 MB flash for
big linux kernels. I am using the HyperWRT/Thibor 3rd party firmware
on it and it does everything I need, and does it well and reliably.
Highly recommended, if you can find it. Power consumption is just a
few watts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrt54gs

-b.