[SATLUG] QoS in Fedora 9

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:43:27 CDT 2009

QoS for VOIP. The wife and I use Joi phone at the house and the setup is
killing me. I can't vpn into my amahi home server because of the router and
Joi phone will not let me change the ports on the router to open so that I
can use the vpn software from Amahi.

Currently my setup is this:

modem > VOIP router > router > server

would like to install a second NIC card so that the setup will be similar to

modem > server > router > VOIP router

Not sure how to do it though. Need to enable QoS on the server first (at
least that what I think). then see if the networkwill work.

Sound feasible or am I way off the mark?