[SATLUG] Update on Cheryl Upgrade

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Jun 17 17:02:56 CDT 2009

scs at worldlinkisp.com wrote:
>> It took Cheryl 14hrs to finally get the old out and the new in and
>> unfortunately the Video card fried for the 2nd time so I want to send
>> her a replacement card I can get a good price ($24)on a new
>> NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS Video Card 256MB DVI PCI Express

> Since you say it fried again, I'd be concerned as to why it fried twice,
> specifically  why, when and how it occurred.
>
> Are they new, used, or refurbished?  I've experienced this once, but
> only after it had up and running a few weeks.
>
> Am sure a   _buntu user will answer the OS question.
>
> Lou

Lou the first card ran long enough for me to set the CMOS ok and went on
for a full boot but next day I got nothing not even a splash screen. I
returned it and they (Sparten Tech) dragged out replacement for 3weeks
but then it ran fine for 3 days and nights, I installed several software
packages with no problems so thinking it stable, I broke it down and
sent it to Cheryl. It fails to boot, no splash with either an LCD or a
CRT monitor. It is an ATI but I forget the mod #. Thats all the info I
have on it. Handling was careful and was packed in anti static bags
herb