[SATLUG] New Opera browser with webserver builtin

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:53:58 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 14:39:55 redpill-roamer wrote:
> all I have to say is about time someone went a did this.
> http://unite.opera.com/
>
> looks to still be largely developmental but definitely something with
> promise
>
> Todd

It's a bit glitchy, but looks promising. I use opera anyway and this release seems more stable than the previous build of version 10 which I have been using for a few weeks.
I had trouble returning to my unite page after the first visit to it and found that I needed to stop and restart unite to get back to it. I have not yet shared any content, so I cannot comment on the sharing services, but it looks like it will be quite good.
The unite service can be started and stopped at will and will link to your my.opera.com account (which, if you don't have one already, gets created when you create the unite account).