[SATLUG] DVR harddrive

FIRESTORM_v1 firestorm.v1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:32:03 CDT 2009

As someone that used to work for the evil cable empire, I can tell you
that they are encrypted.

If the TW service has been disconnected already, it's useless now.  As
soon as those boxes go live on TW's cable plant, they will get the
update from the headend snd shut off.

As far as a filesystem based attack, I'm pretty sure there's nothing
you can do, if I remember correctly, the SA DVRs use an encrypted
filesystem.

I don't remember if TW was running SA and motorola DVRs in San
Antonio, but I do know the SA 8300 series DVRs from a hardware
perspective. :(

Although, if you do find a way, let me know. :)  I love being proven
wrong as long as I can learn from it.

FIRESTORM_v1