[SATLUG] Disposing of old HW

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 19 08:22:04 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 16:39 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I just moved and have been going through my old stuff.  I have a lot of old
> computers, some working, some not, that I'd like to throw out.
>
> How do others on the list handle this?  If someone can use this stuff, I'd love
> to give it away.
>
>    -- Bruce

I moved in March and gave mine to Goodwill.  It keeps their technicians
busy and they make a small profit by selling old kit for low prices.

I know one of the techs there kept my Mac LC 550 running NetBSD that I
was using as my primary workstation when we formed SATLUG.  I donated it
six years ago and they've kept it running.

Al Castanoli