[SATLUG] PLS HELP, initramfs, busy box, still mesing with me

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 04:15:53 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

The good news is I did eventually manage to get my new machine built thanks
to Herb!!!  He was so very kind to send me everything I needed to build it
and provided great tech support to me too!

I still have to get all those little switches on correctly and have to
install the template...having problems with that yet...however, here's the
REAL problem, still..

My PC problems have not been my old mobo, or any equipment...and I still
have the same issues with this new machine...googling, I found it's a common
problem with some machines and it is in many distros too!  I thought it was
the new HD in this one, and I thought it was the old HD in the last one
since I can't get Hardy to load or boot on either machine.  The hardware is
fine, the problems are with Busy Box and initramfs...it's not recognizing or
finding IDE device drivers and I don't know if it's fixable or what to do
from here.

I remember when I initially asked the list abt these errors etc on my
original machine, no one knew what they were or meant.  I'm at a loss here.

I sent Herb the listing from the google search I did on this and here is
another notation I found.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/initramfs-tools/+bug/32123

I wish I could just go into DOS and enter something to make everything work
like in Win, that would be so much easier for me....

Doesn't look like there's a fix from what I can tell.  I'm running on LIVE
CD right now.  Erasing the HD doesn't make the problems go away either...

I just hope I don't have to go back to Win because of these problems...

Please feel free to crosspost this.  I would really LOVE to find a solution
to this.

Thank you very much...cheryl

www.google.com/search?q=initramfs&hl=en&start=10&sa=N

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=initramfs+computer+won%27t+boot&aq=f&oq=&aqi=