[SATLUG] Motherboard Issues with Fedora 9 and 10

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jun 22 15:12:39 CDT 2009

> Hello All, yes it's me again.
>
> I purchased a Biostar P4M900-M4 socket 478 mobo off of newegg and for the
> life of me I can't get it to hold a linux image and boot. Does anyone know
> of a resource that will help or more accurately recommend a board that will
> support linux? This is my 4th (different) board I have tried and have had no
> luck at all yet

Hmm, I have *never* seen a board that wasn't supported by Linux. There
may be certain components (ethernet, video controllers, raid controller,
internal modem, bluetooth or card readers) that are only partially or
not well supported, but I have never seen a board that completely chokes
on Linux, let alone 4.

A better description of the problem would help. Maybe it's a bios issue.

-b.