[SATLUG] Motherboard Issues with Fedora 9 and 10

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jun 22 15:37:06 CDT 2009

> No only Fedora 9 or 10. Unfortunately those are the only distro's supported
> within the Amahi Home Server Project (However, Ubuntu soon will be currently
> in Alpha testing). I will try to install tonight again and see what the
> problem is.

OK, I think there is hope. If you can get through the entire installation,
it is clear that the MOBO can handle Linux. It must be an installation issue.
For now, use the rescue disc to boot and use the same kernel as you used for
the installation. You can mount the root partition from the command line by
issueing:

root=/dev/sda1 (if /dev/sda1 is your root partition)

as a kernel parameter during boot.

-b.