[SATLUG] PLS HELP, initramfs, busy box, still mesing with me

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Mon Jun 22 16:11:29 CDT 2009

That clown again.... wrote:
> --- On Mon, 6/22/09, Cheryl Holmes <cherylholmes72 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> fine, the problems are with Busy Box and initramfs...it's
>> not recognizing or
>> finding IDE device drivers and I don't know if it's fixable
>>

> It sounds like a bad burn of the iso image. I'd first run a checksum on the iso image, if fine try burning the CD/DVD at a much lower speed.

I have to disagree Todd I loaded that sys onto that mobo/HD from a CD
purchased from discount Linux CD and that is the same disk that she is
using as a live cd So I guess could be but no reinstall has been made
yet the Bios could not see the HD and I did not have that prob saw it
fine went tru a complete DT install and completely upgraded itself from
the update manager and allowed me to install Thunderbird and few other
prog packs and I set up the repositaries for her so as soon as she
corrects that cable and sets the FP sws correctly on the Mobo pins she
will run fine.Herb

Herb