[SATLUG] preliminary assesment of Opera Unite

redpill-master toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jun 23 13:53:25 CDT 2009

As some of you may know I have been messing around with Opera Unite and
thus far...well lets just say that Opera Unite is still very much Beta
software (maybe even Alpha quality).  Biggest problem is the
sluggishness of the server software that is integrated into the Opera
Browser.  At first I thought it might be my connection but then I set up
the same web-page on apache on the same box got a DynDNS address and
then compared the upload speeds on my laptop while connected to my
neighbor's wifi.  It was like night and day.

see for your self
apache/dyndns > http://r3d91ll.homelinux.net/
opera Unite >
http://home.redpill-master.operaunite.com/webserver_1/content/

that said I do think that the software hold potential one the get the
kinks worked out.  I can't wait to see this package again at around
December.

Todd