[SATLUG] a more viable alternative to Opera Unite

redpill-master toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Tue Jun 23 14:37:28 CDT 2009

> Personally I wouldn't open any kind of media access to the outside.
> You are basically giving people rights to your music and video
> collection which brings up the whole legal matter.

yeah now that I think about it mediatomb might not be the best way to go
as it seems to behave more like a ftp server then a streaming media
server.

Opera Unite steams the media directly to a java music player embeded
into its browser thereby giving a individual some legal cover whereas
mediatomb may place a person at risk of feeling the wrath of the RIAA.

any suggestions on another software package for streaming media through
a website?

Todd