[SATLUG] Off Topic for this list but... Power Supply brands

Herb Cee hc at lookcee.com
Wed Jun 24 13:39:24 CDT 2009

bryan at beicker.com wrote:
>> what brands does everyone recommend?
>
> I have had good experience with Thermaltake.
>
> I used to like Antec, but every single Antec power supply that I have
> bought in the last few years (50 units or so) has either died or now
> emits very annoying electronic sounds.
>
> Look for the models with the "80 plus" label, as these tend to be
> designed more efficiently than the normal power supplies.

Yeah, well I think most will agree that any production line suffers bad
on Mondays so it's really a crap shoot with any big brand Monday equals
snake-eyes. so also I can remember when Black and Decker was a prime
name in tools and now they the most competitive quality ... best to buy
from a money back source and blow on dose ivories.
herb