[SATLUG] dd-wrt default iptables rules

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:59:14 CDT 2009

On the advice of several here, I bought a WRT54GL router.

The install of dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin went fine.

Before I go live to the internet, I'd like to understand the default iptables
rules. I've looked at them and understand most. I would like to know what the
following rules do.

In filter/FORWARD:

target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

TRIGGER    0    --  vlan1  br0     anywhere             anywhere
TRIGGER type:in match:0 relate:0

TRIGGER    0    --  any    any     anywhere
TRIGGER type:dnat match:0 relate:0

I've looked in the iptables documentation and source and the netfilter portion
of the kernel source and cannot find any reference to a TRIGGER target.

Can anyone shed light on what these instructions do?

   -- Bruce