[SATLUG] List activity

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon Jun 29 12:21:27 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:50, Kenneth Cluck <kc3 at colorado.usa.com> wrote:

>  haha is it really that hot? I'm moving to San Antonio on the first from
> Colorado Springs, CO and the 70 yo 80 degree weather here is KILLING me,
> I can't imagine what it'll do to me being in 100+ degree weather lol

While trying to come up with the right words (NO, STOP, TURN BACK, came to
mind), I thought that I should start with my experience:

   - I grew up in Pueblo (Little warmer than COS but front range none the
   less)
   - I lived in COS for about 4 years (on the mountain, south of Monument).
   - ... (couple places not CO, to include central coast CA, where it is
   basically 74 year round)
   - I have been in SATX since 2002.

Weather-wise you are going from nice to a hotter nice (Halloween -> may-ish
is "Chamber of Commerce weather").  So if the 80's in COS is bad, you are
stepping up to a WHOLE different type of painful death.  Quick check of the
COS weather today: 75, 40% Humidity, 49 degree dewpoint (anything +50 is not
good for me, I am a heavy sweater).  Same check for SATX: 90, 48% Humidity,
68 Degree dew point.  Important to note:  SATX has more 20% more relative
humidity at 20 degrees (20% higher, again) temp delta, thus the high dew
point (Learn to love low dewpoints).

SATX as a city is excellent, has everything I need.  From my location (NW
SATX, Inside 1604, E of IH10) accessibility not hindered by traffic (unlike
281N, IH10 N of 1604, etc).

Welcome to TX!
jp