[SATLUG] nvidia tnt2 riva64

James Tiner jtiner at satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 1 17:59:01 CST 2009

well, you probably need to have the build essentials and kernel header
packages installed before it will compile. it should have installed the
open source 'nv' drivers which would be sufficient for most situations.
If I remember correctly, there is a compatibility issue with the xorg in
8.10 and the proprietary legacy drivers.

one solution would be to use 8.04 (that is what I use and it is LTS so
you'll have updates for a while still) and either install it yourself,
or use envy to install or use the packages available for it.