[SATLUG] I'm sorry everyone...

Todd W. Bucy toddwbucy at grandecom.net
Sun Mar 1 22:42:38 CST 2009

oops sorry forgot to recommend a vid card.  I prefer nvidia and your 3d
needs are light go for a 7800 gtx  if you can afford it a 8600.  The
newer Ubuntu releases have some real nice eye candy which may appeal to
you.  both of those card are relatively cheap you can find 7800 at
around $60-$70  and the 8600 is under $100.

the new standard in memory is ddr3 the boards are a bit on the pricy
side but the price of ddr3 is dropping as quickly as ddr is now rising.
Dont make the same mistake as I did I went for a ddr board when I should
have gone for a ddr2 board. now ddr is more expensive then ddr2 and my
server is limited to 4 gigs of ram.

this is largely the reason why I suggest that you put the vast bulk of
your money in the mother board.  get the best one you can possible pay
for and your investment will be able to keep up with the pace of
technology.

Todd