[SATLUG] Dependency Issue

Gabriel Doss gabriel.doss at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:17:56 CST 2009

Peter,

I often had that problem with kmod-nvidia on F6-F9, even when the kernel
kmod-nvidia was looking for was the same kernel I had running. I finally
switched to akmod-nvidia (same repo) about six months ago and have never had
an issue.

http://fedorasolved.org/Members/zcat/akmods

The above site has some information about akmod-nvidia vs. kmod-nvidia, as
well as how to get it set up, which is easy. Basically it is:
yum install akmod-nvidia

If you go to the site, ignore the part about setting up livna repos as you
already have rpmfusion installed. It should take care of the dependencies on
its own, then reboot. That's pretty much it. I've done this at home and at
work on several computers with varying nvidia hardware including PCI-E, PCI,
and AGP, dual and single head, whatever, and it has not failed me yet.

Hope it works for you as well as it has for me.

Gabriel